Terms and Conditions
1. JOINING EP DANCE:
• A registration form must be completed online and signed by at least one parent on your first lesson. Your registration form from this point is your contract with EP DANCE.
• Any medical condition must be disclosed to the school upon registration and thereafter.It is important that any learning difficulties are disclosed in order for us to provide support and nurture the student.
• The method of communication by EP DANCE is via email and text message. It is therefore essential that all email addresses and mobile phone numbers are kept up to date. By signing these terms and conditions you are agreeing to receive invoices, newsletters, timetables and general emails from EP DANCE.
• By signing these terms and conditions you are agreeing for your data to be held on an electronic database.
• Attendance of any other dance/performance school is not permitted unless discussed and approved with the Principal.
2. CLASS FEES:
• We charge a £15 fee for a 3 week trial. On registration you will be asked to set up payment with our payment provider GoCardless.
• All fees are collected via a monthly Direct Debit. This is to be arranged via Go Cardless by EP DANCE. Once you have started at the school you will be sent an registration email by EP DANCE and GoCardless - you must sign up to the system as soon as you get the email. If we do not receive authorisation from Go Cardless by the second week of receiving your welcome email and invoice, then your child’s classes will be suspended until this has been done.
• Late or missed payments will be charged a late payment fee of £10.
• Fees are charged monthly from the start of your time at the school. If after your first lesson you do not think that our class is the best dance class for your child, you will be refunded for the rest of the month.
• After 1 month (following your 3 week trial), should you wish to leave the school, you must provide written notice along with 4 weeks payment.
• Each child attending lessons at EP DANCE must show excellent attendance. The principal must be notified of an absence via email or text, with good reason. Failure to do so may lead to the child being unable to be entered into examinations and take part productions. If your child misses three weeks in a row you will receive an attendance letter. If we still have not had a reason for a missed class, then we will remind you that if you and your child wishes to leave EP DANCE then we will require written notice. Your account will accrue the monthly fee each month until we hear from you, to a total maximum of three months from your child’s last lesson.
• Should your child wish to cancel one of their classes we require written notice (email message acceptable). A cancellation fee equivalent to 4 weeks lesson will then be applied to your account. We shall amend your account and monthly Direct Debit accordingly. You will be notified of new monthly amount from EP DANCE and Go Cardless.
• Should your child wish to change one of their classes to another class, we require written notice (email acceptable). There will be no charge to change classes providing the class is continued for a minimum of 4 weeks.
• We do not give refunds of any classes that your child has missed due to illness, accidents or holidays. Substitute lessons can be arranged where applicable.
• If you wish to withdraw from the school altogether, a cancellation fee equivalent to 4 weeks lessons is payable. We require written notice (email acceptable). We shall them finalise your account. The final account includes all classes received up to the received notice date, less all payments received. Then the 4 week cancellation fee will then be applied. (Your child can still attend their classes during this eight week period. We shall then arrange for your final payment via your Go Cardless account. We shall then cancel your monthly subscription for EP DANCE with Go Cardless.
• For students who have been at the school for less than a month, we just require notice in writing.
5. USE OF PHOTOGRAPHS & VIDEOS
• Videos and photos may be taken during class times and performances and by signing these terms and conditions you are agreeing to the use of your child’s image for promotional and marketing use, this includes all platforms of social media and EP DANCE's website.
• Examinations are not compulsory but if undertaken require additional fee for exam, and additional fee for the extra coaching classes that will be arranged.
• Each year, all students are invited to take part in our whole school show performed in a professional theatre. All students are required to have full attendance in all classes in the lead up to the show, as well as full attendance to extra Sunday rehearsals and the dress rehearsal.
• Shows take place in July each year; full information on how much you will owe for costumes and dates for the show will be given to you in January along with a payment plan.
Some groups will be invited by the principal to take part in competitions. You will be informed by letter or email of the date, time and location of the competition plus relevant entry fees and spectator fees as early as possible as well as any other information that you might need.
• Uniform: All Children must wear the correct uniform, as written in our welcome pack and on our website after the settling period of 4 weeks. No jewellery is allowed & hair must be neatly groomed. When attending events, displays and external shows, an EP DANCE t-shirt must be worn without fail.
• EP DANCE reserves the right to alter the timetable, change venue, and fees. Where applicable, we will try to give you reasonable notice.
• EP DANCE operates a NO REFUND policy aside from when the class is cancelled by the teacher, however in these instances we will try our best to rearrange a class.
• The school may from time to time introduce regulations for the better running of the school. All students enrolled at the school and attending classes. shall be expected to adhere strictly to any and all such regulations and duly accept any revised terms and conditions.
• Necessary discipline will be enforced and the Principal reserves the right to terminate any pupil’s enrolment without notice or refund. We expect all children and parents to respect one another, our members of staff and volunteers. Bullying or abusive language or behaviour from parents/guardians or students will not be tolerated and may lead to your child being expelled. In this circumstance, no refund will be given.
• Any student who is approached or volunteers to participate in any other stage performance with any other company or society (with the exception of normal school productions during term time) must obtain permission from the Principal prior to any agreement being made to take part.
• It is essential for the efficient training and teaching of dance for a degree of physical contact to take place. On signing the registration form the parent or guardian accepts this provision.
• On no account can EP DANCE name be used in any form of publicity without written approval from the Principal.
• Students under 11 years old are not allowed to leave the studio unless accompanied by an adult.